Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Points

Points
By: Tyler

There was one minute left, they have eight point and we have zero. It was our first game and we played the hardest team, the Scorpions. They were the best team. I told my coach that we needed to practice and we did. We had two practices a week. I was the goalie but I still had to do all the shooting drills. It was the next game, it was hard but we won! Ya! 5 – 3. We got confident that we could win every game.

The next game was against one of my best friends’ team. I was sweating like I was underwater in a pool. They had some big kicks but I stopped them. They were talking smack but I showed them. It was my teammate’s birthday and if we won we would get cupcakes. We won! The other team, the Tarantulas, was not that good. The cupcakes were good!

The next practice my shoe was coming off and I said, “Time! My shoe is coming off!”
My coach got mad and I learned my lesson. The next game I was on defense and my shoe came off. My coach was yelling, “Whose show is this? Whose shoe is this?”

We got to the tournament after we lost one game. There were three games in the tournament. We won the first one and the next one. We played kickball on breaks and that got us tired. It was our last game and we were tired. We beat this team so we had a good chance. We tried and tried but we lost. The good thing is that we got the trophy and I had a good time playing soccer.

1 comment:

stg said...

Tyler this is a great story!!